Robert Axle Project Rear Lightning Bolt-On Thru Axle
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer a high-quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle-equipped bikes.
- Lightning is Better—Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile, and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile—No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight—Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install—Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles require only a standard 6mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances—Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.